Monday 3 February 2014

Review: Estée Lauder Double Wear - Stay in Place Makeup - Cashew 3W2


I hate it when you apply your foundation in the morning and all its well and good but 3-4 hours in, I've touched my face, used a tissue or the natural oil of my face has meant that there isn't that flawless look I left the house with, I probably should re-apply but I just can’t be asked, I’m not one to carry concealer or foundation with me on an daily basis that to me is that excess stuff to weigh your bag down.

However there is a foundation that does not budge, and its Estée Lauder double wear, the best freaking foundation there ever was.







It is a very heavy foundation, honestly for daily use a few drops are enough. It doesn't look cakey nor like you've applied a lot but it covers most “imperfections” with ease.


I have had mine for about 3 months now and I have more than bottle left, hence for the money (£28.50) I think it’s really worth it, you can mix it in with a moisturiser if you want lighter coverage but even then it’s still quite flawless.


LASTING POWER - the longest I can recall before removing it, would be about 14-16 hours of course with powder on top. Natural shine will come through, however it gives a glow rather than gross oily look, because the foundation is still there somehow, masking imperfections.

SMELL – No smell whatsoever

WORTH THE PRICE? YES! It’s a high end product and this foundation in particular is actually worth the RRP, the quality of foundation is amazing not to mention it also has SPF 10. if you cleanse your face properly after as you would with any foundation, it will not break you out! There are 31 of shades, ranging from cool to warm tones.

The only negative I can think of is that it doesn't have a pump and you can over-pour.

But I've kept the sample bottle the tester comes in pour it into that and use my foundation that way because it’s easier to control.


This is the only foundation I use now and will continue to repurchase it unless they discontinue my shade (fingers crossed they won’t).

Have you tried Double wear? What do make of it? If you didn't let love it as much as I do please let me know why!

Little mink x

Available here - Estée Lauder Double Wear £28.50

No comments:

Post a Comment